We are hiring in London – are you a Purchasing Manager?
Note: This role has now been filled! Keep an eye on our blog for more roles to be announced as we expand.
Hiring in London, Hammersmith
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a young, rapidly growing company in the online food delivery business – Jessica’s Recipe Bag. We are now hiring a Purchasing Manager.
We deliver fresh ingredients and recipes across London
Every week we deliver fresh ingredients and recipes to families and couples across London. Taking the stress out of weekday cooking we help people who want to cook healthy, delicious meals at home to find the time they need to do so.
Doing this successfully, maintaining the top quality service we are known for, requires a high level of detailed coordination in sourcing, packing, and delivery. Are you the person we are looking for?
Job description – Purchasing Manager
- Heading up all food purchasing for this online retailer you will report to Jessica Andersson, Director of Menu Planning and Nutrition.
- You will manage the weekly ordering of food, investigate methods to improve the company’s buying policies, and drive cost reductions through supplier negotiations and retendering contracts.
- Working closely with the Menu Planners, the role will revolve around a continuous improvement plan and targeting KPI’s.
- Source and negotiate deals with food suppliers.
- Negotiate all contracts for consumables, promotional material and other ad hoc activity the business requires.
- Responsible for managing the logistics operation, improving processes in both the packing operation and with the outsourced delivery model.
- Research the food market and develop relationships with brands that will improve and support our own branding aspirations. You will be responsible for finding these companies, implementing a partnership and then managing the day to day relationship with them.
- Research the online retail industry to ensure that Jessica’s is innovating in a way that continues to strengthen our brand and the customer experience.
- Implement a continuous improvement plan with targets to reduce cost, improve quality and increase customer satisfaction.
- Create reports that identify trends and patterns to both yourself and the rest of the business.
Skills and experience:
- Should have at least 2 years experience with negotiations or supplier management.
- Should have worked in a retail or catering environment.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Comfortable with MS Excel and Powerpoint.
Other important attributes:
- A strong and genuine interest in food.
- Attention to detail and general quality consciousness.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Initially you will be part of a small team; you should be comfortable getting involved in things that are not always part of your day job.
Applications and more information
Does this sound like you? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you are interested in the role as Purchasing Manager.