Breadcrumb and Mustard Crusted Cod
This is a lovely summer dish with lots of flavour that is very easy to make. The potato salad keeps well, leftovers can be eaten as a picnic the following day!
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Start by boiling the potatoes. Cut them into quarters and boil for 15 minutes or until ready.
- While the potatoes are cooking prepare the fish. In a small bowl mix together 1 tsp honey, 2 tsp of mustard, the crème fraiche, breadcrumbs and 2 egg yolks. Lay the cod in a medium sized ovenproof dish so that they sit quite closely together, season with salt and pepper then cover each fillet evenly with the breadcrumb mix so that each piece is covered, add several knobs of butter on top. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- For the potato salad, start by boiling the soya beans for 5 minutes, drain in cold water and set aside. To make the dressing, in a large bowl mix together 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp honey, the zest and juice of the lemon, 2 crushed garlic cloves and salt and pepper to taste. Finely chop the dill and slice the radishes, add to the dressing along with the soya beans. Drain the potatoes and lightly crush with a potato masher then add to the dressing and using a wooden spoon mix together well.
- Remove the fish from the oven and serve with the potato salad on top of a handful of watercress.